I had never done a tandoori chicken on the grill, but if the lady asks, the lady gets (a first try). For the rub, I did the following to make it, and that was good!
- 0.5 tablespoon of black pepper grains
- 4 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons of coriander seeds
- 8 whole cloves (dutch would be ‘kruidnagel’)
- 5 tablespoons of paprika powder (I used a slightly sweetened one)
- 0.5 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 0.5 tablespoon of sea salt
Put these dry herbs in a pan (no oil or butter, ofcourse) and heat it up to release all the flavors.
Once nicely warm and smelling A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! (If I may say so myself), I’ve grounded them up to a fine well mixed seasoning.
ready to use. This amount is more than enough for multiple times, but please use at your own discretion. I’m not the boss of your kitchen 😉