Mothersday in Holland (and a lot of places around the world, afaik). Yesterday was a fantastic day in the Nehterlands and temperatures were in the 20’s. (Celcius that is, of course). Great breakfast with the kids, and took a nice trip around Friesland, which looked beautiful with it’s nature and water. Lots of boats and loads of sun! What can go wrong? Nothing! Continue reading Spring is in the air! Lamb on the grill!
So, it’s spring time in Holland and there are a few things I really love about spring time. 2 Of the favorites of those things are Lamb and Asparagus! Combine that with my love of the grill and we have the basics for a great recipe for Lamb. I wanted to do this belgian style, which means living the good life! Beer and Mustard… Lovely.
To start with the marinade, I mixed up the following ingredients.
- 1/4 cup of mustard (with seeds)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, very well chopped
- 2 tablespoons of freshly cut rosemary (although I used the dried version)
- 1 cup of belgian wheatbeer (I used La Trappe, as you can see in the picture below)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Vergine Olive Oil