Although there are many stories and different quantities, I’ve managed to start to enjoy the simplicity and versatility of the following rub. I’ve initially made it for spare ribs, but it’s also great with some burgers or even on chicken, although don’t use too much.
How to make this gorgeous and easy rub, you ask? Well, let me surprise you.
What you need is the following spices.
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of paprika powder. The mild one, please….
- 3 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of grounded pepper, preferably the lemon kind
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
Once you read this, I’m sure you can figure out the name of the rub itself. Love it!
Of course, you can choose any amount you desire, just keep the differentiation in the amounts the same. 5-4-3-2-1 could be kilos, pounds, stone, tons, or whatever other unit you use wherever you’re from. Enjoy!